1. History of establishment and development:
History of the Research Center of the banking and financial system development is directly related to the formation of the Banking and Finance Academy of the Republic of Uzbekistan and it is a structural unit of the academy. The center was established according to the Presidential Decree number PF -1460 dated from May 2, 1996 “On creation of the Banking and Finance Academy of the Republic of Uzbekistan” and the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers № 180 dated from May 17, 1996 “On organization of activities of Banking and Finance Academy of the Republic of Uzbekistan”.
The main task of the Center is the organization and implementation of fundamental and applied research in the field of development of financial and monetary system and banking in the country, improving tax policy, innovative financing of the real sector of the economy, etc.
However, the Scientific Center is directly involved in the implementation of the following tasks of the academy:
– Preparation of proposals for the development strategy of the financial and monetary system and banking;
– Preparation of proposals for the integrated development of a single program and regional markets, their gradual integration into the international financial markets;
– Preparation of proposals to improve the regulatory database management by banks and financial mechanism.
2. Training programmes:
The Scientific Centre is actively involved in scientific research process along with the educational process for master students of all specialities. .
3. The staff and research capabilities of the Scientific Research Centre
1. Beknazarov Zafar Ulashovich - Doctor of Economics, Head of the Department "Scientific Research and Training of Scientific and Pedagogical Staff";
2. Karabaev Nodir Abduhamidovich - Chief Specialist;
3.Bobobekov Farkhod Rustamovich - Leading specialist;
Moreover, the scientific potential of the Banking and Finance Academy of the composition is comprised not only from the scientific employees of the center, but also the teaching staff of the departments, senior researcher, and master students of the academy.
4. Results of the activity:
To summarize totals of the year the Scientific Centre of the Academy annually organizes the international scientific and practical conferences, conferences of undergraduates of the academy devoted to the problems of stabilization and development of the banking and financial system and funding innovative programs economy.
It should be noted that research results are reflected in scientific reports and scientific publications (monographs, articles, materials, national and international scientific conferences).
5. In the field of the research and innovations:
The Scientific Centre functions as a structural unit of the Banking and Finance Academy of the Republic of Uzbekistan, exercising fundamental and applied researches. These investigations are conducted in the following areas:
– Research of the problems of development of monetary and financial system and banking;
– Research of the problems of a single integrated development and regional markets , their gradual integration into the international financial markets;
– Research of the problems of financial investment support projects and innovative funding mechanism;
– Preparation of proposals and recommendations concerning the improvement of normative and legal framework of bank management and the financial mechanism.
Moreover, the academy is conducting its activity in the scientific and technical programs of the Committee for Coordination of Science and Technology under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan for 2012-2014 according to three grant projects.
6. International relations and grants:
Departments of the Academy support a long-term and fruitful cooperation with the Policy Research Institute at the Ministry of Finance of Japan, the ATTF (Luxembourg), the University of Applied Sciences in Bremerhaven (Germany), the Central Bank of Switzerland, the Higher School of Economics and Management (Czech Republic), National Institute of Public Administration INTAN (Malaysia) and others.
7.Connection with the industrial sector, practice and training courses:
The results of the scientific researches conducted have been submitted to the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan, The State Tax Committee, the Uzbekistan Banking Association, commercial banks, various agencies of the real sector of the economy.
8. Graduates and their career achievements:
The Scientific Centre is proud of its former heads such as:
Akhmad Ulmasov, Doctor of Economics, Professor;
Rustam Shodiev, Doctor of Economics, Professor;
Ergash Akramov, Doctor of Economics, Professor;
Nodir Jumaev, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Rector of the University of the World Economy and Diplomacy;
Shukhrat Toshmatov, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Head of Department of the Academy of State Administration under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan.