The law of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On Education”, the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated on April 15, 2017 No. 220 “On improving the activities of the Banking and Finance Academy of the Republic of Uzbekistan” and the Charter of the Academy, approved by this resolution, determined the status, tasks and the procedure of activity of the Council of the Banking and finance academy.
The Council of the Academy is considered to be a governing body that carries out continuous activities under the guidance of the rector of the academy, notably, the Chairman of the Council, in order to consider and resolve the main issues due to the activity of the Banking and Finance Academy of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The Council carries out its activities based on the principles of transparency, independence, free discussion of issues, a combination of collegiality and absolute rule, as well as taking into account the public opinion.
The structure of the Council consists of vice-rectors, deans, academic secretary, heads of departments, heads of separate divisions, leading professors, teachers and researchers, representatives of local educational and research institutions, as well as leading financial and banking organizations. The structure of the Council is approved by the rector.
The powers of the Council consist of the followings:
• solving important issues in educational, methodological, research, information-analytical and editorial-publishing works, training and professional upgrading of managerial personnel and specialists, as well as important issues due to the activity of the Academy departments;
• considering issues and taking appropriate decisions related on improving the management structure of the Academy, accepting comprehensive programs to develop its activity, opening new specialties for the preparation of highly qualified managerial personnel and specialists, scientific and scientific-pedagogical personnel;
• working out and approving of curricula and training programs, retraining and professional upgrading of managerial personnel and specialists in accordance with the established order;
• making a decision on the establishment and completion of the activities of faculties, departments, educational-methodical, research, information-analytical and other departments of the Academy;
• accepting reports from the heads of departments;
• making a decision on awarding the degree “Honorary Doctor of the Banking and Finance Academy of the Republic of Uzbekistan”.
The Council may also consider and make decisions on other issues requiring a collegial discussion, as well as issues regarding to the activity of the Academy.
Decisions of the Council are approved by the rector of the Academy, and is considered to be mandatory for all structural divisions, employees, as well as, students of the Academy.
The academic secretary of the Council is responsible for keeping documentation on the organization and implementation of the activity of the Council.