ON QUALIFICATION (MANAGERIAL) PRACTICE AND INTERNSHIP OF MASTER STUDENTS OF THE BANKING AND FINANCE ACADEMY OF THE REPUBLIC OF UZBEKISTAN IN THE BANKING, FINANCIAL AND TAX INSTITUTIONS, ENTERPRISES OF REAL SECTOR AND ORGANIZATIONS, AS WELL AS IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES
The Regulation (hereinafter the Regulation) on the qualification (managerial) practice and internship of master students of the Banking and Finance Academy of the Republic of Uzbekistan in banking, financial and tax institutions, enterprises of real sector and organizations, as well as in foreign countries, was developed on the basis of the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated on May 17, 1996 No. 180 “On issues of organizing the activities of the Banking and Finance Academy of the Republic of Uzbekistan”, Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated on April 15 2017 No. 220 “On improving the activities of the Banking and Finance Academy of the Republic of Uzbekistan”, Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated on September 18, 2017 No. 745 “On approval of regulatory legal acts concerning the training, retraining and advanced training of managerial personnel”, as well as the Charter of the Banking and finance academy of the Republic of Uzbekistan (hereinafter - the Academy).
This Regulation determines the issues of qualification (managerial) practice (hereinafter - qualification practice) and internships of students in the banking, financial and tax institutions of the republic, enterprises of the real sector and organizations, as well as in foreign countries, in accordance with the curriculum of the Academy’s master course specialties.
The procedure of organization of qualification (managerial) practice and internship
Qualification practice and internship are an integral part of the educational process of the Academy’s master course, with the aim of strengthening the practical application of theoretical knowledge and skills, studying best practices in selected specialties, collecting data for independent scientific and practical research, developing initiative, organizational and managerial skills. One of the most important tasks is to study the practical experience of the Republic of Uzbekistan and foreign countries, collect analytical and statistical data at writing a master's thesis, analyze them, as well as to develop practical recommendations and results.
According to the Academy curriculum, the duration of qualification practice and internship is 22 weeks, including:
- for qualification practice - 10 weeks at the end of the II semester;
- for the internship - 12 weeks at the end of the III semester.
Short-term internships in foreign countries can be organized throughout the academic year in agreement with foreign partners.
These programs are developed by the respective departments, taking into account the specialties of students, topics of master's theses, the specifics of qualifying practice and internships.
Programs reflect the aims and objectives of qualification practice and internships, individual assignments for students and the timing of their implementation, as well as the procedure for preparing and presenting a report on practice and internship and the terms of its defense at the department.
Aims and objectives of qualification practice and internship:
- enrichment and consolidation of theoretical knowledge gained in the specialty, practical knowledge and skills; a deep study of theoretical knowledge obtained through practical skills;
- the ability to apply new obtained theoretical knowledge in practice;
- collection of necessary data for scientific research, including economic, financial and statistical data;
- development and strengthening of initiative, organizational and managerial skills in practice;
- preparation of reporting materials, based on the collected data;
- preparation and protection of presentations based on materials reflected in the report;
- practical study of the activities and methods of the internship subject, as well as important aspects of the industry;
- study of existing best practices, conducting critical and creative analysis, as well as developing practical proposals and recommendations for organization;
- analysis of economic and financial indicators and the formation of conclusions on a causal relationship;
The procedure of organization of short-term internships abroad
Students who have high scores in educational and research activities during the training period are sent to the leading educational and research, banking and financial institutions of foreign countries, at the expense of the republican budget of the Republic of Uzbekistan, extrabudgetary funds of the Academy and grants from international and foreign organizations.
Candidates for internships abroad are selected on a competitive basis among students in all specialties, on the basis of agreements between the Academy and foreign educational and scientific research or banking and financial institutions, within the framework of approved targeted funding.
The selection for an internship abroad is based on the following 5 main criteria:
- general academic rating;
- attendance of training sessions;
- the results of work on the master's thesis;
- moral and ideological maturity and culture of the candidate;
- level of English language.
Upon the completion of qualification practice and internship, the master student is obliged to prepare and submit a written report on the results of the internship, provided by the program and the schedule of work to the department and defend the report for the commission organized by the Academy.